Boys & Girls Club Play
Sequim Picklers Playing Schedule
Saturdays 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Sundays 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Wednesdays 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
Always check the Play & Events Calendar
— This is a Members-only event. Please wear your Sequim Picklers’ name tag.
— Admission is $3 per member (free to Gold members). Please try to bring small bills when paying — change is not always available. Admission is $6 per person for out-of-town guests of Sequim Picklers’ members. (Exact change, please)
— If you come on Wednesday evening (6 -9 p.m.), please do not arrive before 6 p.m. For safety reasons, no visitors are allowed inside until the children have left the building.
— When driving into the B&GC, use the proper entrance and do not drive in using the EXIT.
— Players MUST wear appropriate court shoes. Black-soled shoes or anything other than sports/tennis shoes is not permitted.
— Follow all the rules regarding open play and HAVE FUN!
~David Goose, Director of Court Operations
Sequim Picklers Court Player Rotation-Boys & Girls Club
These guidelines apply during any club-organized Open Play. In Open Play, all courts are open to all players, first come first serve. Once the courts are full, a line forms (via paddle in a queue or sitting in a line). Games played to 11, win by 2.
An orange T-Shirt marks the place where ‘4 IN’ begins.
The line/seats are first come first serve, one seat per person. General guidelines:
● 3 wins in a row and you go back in line – maximum, 3 wins in a row.
● A player may only put a paddle in one line at a time.
● In a 4-in/4-out scenario, the winners of the 4-out put their paddles in line ahead of the losers.
With 2 open courts:
● 15 or fewer total players (7 or fewer waiting) rotate in 2 at a time.
● 16 or more total players (8 or more waiting) rotate in 4 at a time.
● 20 or more total players (12 or more waiting) play to 9, win by 1, rotate 4 in at a time.
With 3 open courts:
● 23 or fewer total players (11 or fewer waiting) rotate in 2 at a time.
● 24 or more total players (12 or more waiting) rotate in 4 at a time.
● 30 or more total players (18 or more waiting) play to 9, win by 1, rotate 4 in at a time.
Starting a Challenge or Novice Court
A separate line can be formed for a single court that has been declared for a specific skill rating, either Novice (2.5 and beginners) or Challenge (3.5/4.0 and higher). There must be at least 6 players at that level to start and maintain that court, otherwise it reverts back to Open Play and the queue lines merge.
A designated court with:
● 7 or fewer total players (3 or fewer waiting) rotate in 2 at a time.
● 8 or more total players (4 or more waiting) rotate in 4 at a time.
● 12 or more total players (8 or more waiting) play to 9, win by 1, rotate 4 in at a time.